The epidemic in our country of Colorectal disorders leaves us wanting to continuesly share the Awareness and not limit it to any specific month. Throughout the 15+ years I’ve spent as a 3rd Generation colon therapist, the number of colon cancer cases in America continue to astound me. When this fatal disease can so easily be prevented with maintaing a healthy colon and a healthy lifestyle, why do the numbers continue to rise? Being proactive and taking the necessary measures to prevent this disease that plagues over 140,000 people is as simple as stepping into my office. I hope to continue the fight against colon cancer and the fight for long and healthy lives. So to before prevention can begin you need to be informed. Check out some of these insane Colon Cancer Facts.
Colon Cancer Facts: 2nd leading cause of cancer among men & women Higher risk over age 50 yet rapidly increasing in Millennials 1 in 20 people will be diagnosed with colon cancer 60% of colon cancer deaths can be prevented by screenings and prevention.
Maintaining a healthy gut is vital to preventing colon cancer. Here are our tips for a healthy gut:
1. Drink plenty of water Your colon is the last organ to absorb any of the water you consume throughout the day. Therfore if you are not drinking enough water your colon is severly dehydrated. Water flushes out your digestive tract and improves colon function. A hydrated colon is a healthy one! Make sure you are drinking enough water, a good rule of thumb is half your body weight in fluid ounces of water daily.
2. Eat healthy foods – plenty of fruit and vegetables Your body needs plenty of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to fight off diseases and take care of elimination properly. Fruits and veggies have the best form of hydrating fiber and are amazing for cleaning built up material off the colon wall. Old putrified waste stays in the body the longest and causes the most digestive disorders. So clearing that old material is much quicker when you are eating correctly and proper nutrition is key to preventing disease.
3. Take digestive probiotics Probiotics increase the amount of good bacteria in your gut. Since about 70% of your entire body’s health is based on the health of your colon, it’s important to keep your microbiome healthy. Taking a Oral Digestive Probiotic like Jarro daily is highly encouraged.
4. Colon cleansing – get regular colonics Colonics or Colon hydrotherapy are the most effective way to cleanse the colon. Colonics eliminate hardened material and toxins from your colon wall, and can clean out years of buildup. Most people claim 5-15 pounds of old toxic material on average. Regular colonics can keep your colon disease-free and your immune system in tip-top shape. Schedule your own with the #1 center for Colonics in Southern California attach link.
5. Intermittent fasting Your intestines appreciate breaks from the huge workload of digesting and absorbing food. Taking a break from eating from a few hours before bedtime and until a few hours after you’ve woken up give your body the rest it needs and keep everything running smoothly. Other type of fasting like Juicing & Green Smoothies are helpful as well. Nutrient packed juices stimulate and revitalize all of your organs including the colon.
These are some basic daily habits that will decrease your chances of suffering colon and digestive disorders. But it doesn’t stop here. Share this blog with the people you love and care about so they can be aware too! Awareness is and will always be the fastest route to Prevention!